Walk-in service is available for collection of most routine diagnostic testing. Laboratory cannot release patient results to anyone other than the performing provider. For fastest access, results are viewable on your MiCare Online account.
Items you must bring with you for service:
- Valid military ID card
- Provider’s Order Form (internal providers will submit digital orders, external (civilian) providers will provide paper or faxed order form)
Specific instructions for samples collected at Eielson Lab:
- Blood. May require fasting, consult your provider. Fasting is defined as not eating or drinking anything except for water and required medications for 8 to 12 hours prior to collection. Due to our remote location, some tests can only be collected on specific days of the week to ensure expedient shipping is possible. These tests are uncommon and we may ask you to return at a specified time.
- Urine. Can be collected on a walk-in basis. Urine tests specific to sexually transmitted infections must be collected no earlier than 45 minutes prior to last urination to prevent false negatives. For STI/STD testing, no doctor’s appointment is required, but please contact the Public Health flight to schedule. Urine pregnancy tests require a providers orders before collection, consult your primary care manager or the appointment line prior to walking in.
- Stool / feces. Please come to the lab for specific instructions and collection materials.
- Semen / post vasectomy analysis. Semen analysis for fertility is performed at the BACH laboratory on an appointment basis. For post vasectomy testing, please come to the Eielson lab for specific instructions and collection materials.
- Breath testing. Available for Urea Breath Testing (Helicopter Pylori) on walk in basis.
- Strep test / throat swabs. Not collected by the laboratory, please contact the appointment line to see a provider.
IMR requirements and HIV testing are performed on a walk-in basis but require doctor’s orders prior to collection. Please contact Flight Medicine for orders before coming to lab. IMR is updated by the EpiLab at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base approximately 14 days after collection.