If you are going on a medical TDY, please take note of the following:
- Unless it is an urgent medical TDY, patients need to notify the Patient Travel Office a minimum of 10 duty days prior to their medical appointments.
- Only a physician can authorize a Non-Medical Attendant to escort (usually a spouse or flight member) a patient to their appointments
- Only authorized medical appointments outside of the 100 mile radius from Eielson Air Force Base qualifies for reimbursements through Patient Travel
- Travelers on medical TDY orders are authorized reimbursements for food, gas, lodging, transportation and flights; please keep all receipts, especially when those purchases made are over $75
- Please note that only active duty personnel are entitled to per diem; dependents and retirees are only reimbursed for the amount spent on food up to a predetermined value (depending on location); therefore they must save all receipts for food for accurate filing and reimbursement